Sunday, April 13, 2008

Malaysian Politics

One of the reasons why I like reading news on Malaysian Politics.

This was Mahathir's response to questions on Abdullah Badawi.


On how Abdullah should listen to the grassroots

He should go down to the ground and ask our supporters: “What is wrong with me? I’m trying to improve. If you don’t like my son-in-law, then I’ll find a new one”.

On whether he regrets appointing Abdullah as his successor

At this point of time, I regret. When I appointed him. He was ‘Mr Clean’. He bathes 15 times a day. At the time I didn’t know that he would do all these things [...] I didn’t know that when I ‘hand over’, it became his. Umno now belongs to him and his family.


Moral of the story : Choose the right person to be your son-in-law. He may be the reason why everyone hates you.

No comments:

Nuffnang