Sunday, May 18, 2008


I find it so weird how I always get all these random thoughts in my head everytime I take a shower in the morning. Is it the hot water that stimulates the brain to think more than someone should? Hmm. Maybe it's the aroma from the shampoo or body wash that I use that makes thinking so much easier?


Highly unlikely I suppose, it's probably just that time of the day where my brain chooses to work the most. I think the next time I'm sitting for an exam that requires lots of thinking, I'm gonna pretend I'm in the shower and maybe JUST maybe all the answers would appear in my head. :)

Well anyway, moving on to what I'm supposed to be blogging about, that random thought in my head. Have you wondered why most adults work from 9 to 5 instead of straying from their daily routine and doing something more enjoyable? And why our parents spent close to half their life working just so they can provide us with quality education or nicer clothes to wear? Or maybe the reason why most of us go to university/college everyday instead of just running away from it all and just start working?


It all sounds like a routine to you but what some people fail to see is that they are simply commited to what they do everyday. And yes, commitment isn't something that should be taken lightly. Like I said, it's what makes people do what they do everyday instead of just skipping all the hoo-hahs in life and doing what they like.


Haven't you felt the slightest temptation to just leave everything behind and start your life all over again only to dismiss that thought as being plain silly? That's the commitment to whatever you do talking and you can never seem to just brush it off.

I guess the best way to see commitment is when you look at two people who are very much in love when they are together and have stuck together through all the rough patches and the agonising times apart. It's not a secret that we humans tend to get lonely when our loved ones aren't around us. Let's say your boyfriend/girlfriend is a few thousand miles away and the two of you have to spend a considerable amount of time apart. And I'm quite sure I'm right to think that in their most loneliest of times, people tend to be pessimistic and can't help but predict the worst things that can happen. Well according to me, I won't say that it's the love that's holding the couple together, but more of the commitment towards the relationship they have built.


If you don't mind me adding this, I think it's a wonderful thing that two people can remain committed even though the relationship sometimes seems vague and unreal. Kudos to all the couples that have gone through this and have not stopped believing in the best of your partner. At the end of it all, isn't that what makes it special?

No comments:

Nuffnang