Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What would you do...

Imagine this..

You are standing at the entrance of a hall which is going to be filled with let's say 300+ strangers and they are all here to attend a 3 hour lecture. Half the seats are already taken and you walk right in trying to look for familiar faces knowing the chances of you finding one is close to zilch. What do you do when you fail to find a familiar face? Well, I saw 2 choices.

Of course, guys being guys, the first thing I tried to do was to look for a good-looking girl or what my friends and i call a 'chun chick'.. Lol I don't know if that would be the best of ideas because it would mean that I'd be paying more attention to her than what I came for, the lecture. I dropped that silly idea of mine and tried thinking of a better one. ( but I think i regretted that decision a little ) haha.. anyway, moving on...

The second idea that came out of this tiny little thing I call a brain was to look for a friendly face..someone that would strike conversations and crack jokes even when he/she isn't encouraged. I mean, why not make a new friend and try to make the 2 hours feel shorter right?

The big problem was, how do I decide if a person has an approachable or anti-social face? The person that I saw smiling at himself may have either been approachable or having mental images of a lunatic.. The girl who looked like she needed someone to put her smile on her face may have been the friendliest of people but had a natural n-shaped mouth. something like that --> :( Would it be fair to just judge them based on their looks?

How was I gonna choose who to be stuck with for the next 2 hours? Well, I decided to take a seat at random and spent the 2 hours thinking what I would do differently the next time I faced the same situation. What would you have done?

3 comments:

ColiNgeow said...

i think i'd just keep quiet during lectures and focus at what's at hand i.e. the lecture, lol. I'll just do what i like to do and befriend whoever who does the same thing. Like foos-ing or wtv. Coz having smiliar interests aids in being acquainted. lol

Sapphira said...

Sit next to a hot guy! For me, I mean. :P If he had been a complete jerkoff/retard/anything along the same lines of dickhead, then I'd find some excuse during the halfway break to move to the other side of the lecture hall and sit next to a chick that looks like she'll be writing notes the whole time quietly with her head bent over lots of notes and A4 paper. :D

RakelClark said...

Approach anyone approachable- preferably someone else who is alone i guess- you'll have that much in common. dude, shudda gone for the chun chick. XD
from what I experience here, my good friends don't come from my lectures.

Nuffnang